WELCOME to the foundation of First Tee! On behalf of Hogan’s Junior Golf Heroes Foundation DBA First Tee Omaha we are pleased to present our 9 Core Values and 9 Healthy Habits sponsored by: Holmes Murphy Insurance! As an “inclusive youth development” program, we parlay lessons in golf and life skills to ensure your success in the “game of life! We sincerely appreciate the support of Beau Reid and his team at Holmes Murphy Insurance in offering these impactful messages from motivational speaker and former Husker, Aaron Davis.
Our 9 Core Values:
- First Tee Core Values: Honesty & Integrity (Click here for video)
- hon-es-ty: The quality or state of being truthful; not deception
- in-teg-ri-ty: Strict adherence to a standard or value or conduct, personal honesty and independence
- First Tee Core Values: Sportsmanship & Respect (Click here for video)
- sports-man-ship: Observing the rules of play and winning or losing with grace
- re-spect: To feel or show deferential regard for; esteem
- First Tee Core Values: Confidence & Responsibility (Click here for video)
- con-fi-dence: Reliance or trust. A feeling of self-assurance
- re-spon-si-bil-i-ty: Account for one’s actions; dependable
- First Tee Core Values: Perseverance & Courtesy (Click here for video)
- per-se-ver-ance: To persist in an idea, purpose or task despite obstacles
- cour-te-sy: Considerate behavior towards others; a polite remark or gesture
- First Tee Core Value: Judgment (Click here for video)
- judg-ment: The ability to make a decision or form an opinion; a decision reached after consideration
Our 9 Healthy Habits:
- First Tee Healthy Habits: PHYSICAL; Energy, Play & Safety (Click here for video)
- Energy: It is important to understand and make healthy choices about when to eat, how much to eat, and the types of food and drinks to provide the body with the most useful energy.
- Play: A variety of energizing play can help the body stay strong, lean and fit, and be fun in the process. Sleep and other forms of “re-charging” allow one to engage in play on a daily basis.
- Safety: Physical safety includes playing in a safe environment and by the rules, protecting the body with proper equipment, warm-up and cool-down and warn sun protection.
- First Tee Healthy Habits: EMOTIONAL; Vision, Mind & Family (Click here for video)
- Vision: In order to make the most of one’s unique gifts–talent, characteristics and abilities–an individual needs to learn from the past, value the present, create their vision and future to ultimately “leave a footprint.”
- Mind: The mind is a powerful tool for health. One’s mind influences his/her emotions and behaviors and can be utilized for self-improvement, building confidence and maintaining perspective.
- Family: When family members participate in activities together–share meals, communicate and establish roles and responsibilities–they are more likely to be successful in achieving their health–related goals.
- First Tee Healthy Habits: SOCIAL; Friends, School & Community (Click here for video)
- Friends: Maintaining healthy relationships includes surrounding one’s self with friends and supportive people, while effectively handling challenging situations, including bullying and navigating the digital age with social media.
- School: Success in school–learning, building relationships and contributing to the school environment–leads to success in other areas of life.
- Community: Like the health of one’s body, it is important to also explore the health of one’s community and discover how one can give back and care for its environment and safety.